1. Poor Jack is so misunderstood. The first week of his life, he smelled very unpleasant. And I’d heard that boys just stink in general but I was like this is a bit excessive and he’s a newborn! We sniffed him all over, wondered if it was the asparagus I was pounding and finally, Wes discovered it was his umbilical cord.
Fast forward to the past week. The kid has smelled like a cheese puff. And I bathe him and he still smells like one. And I’m like, well, Pioneer Woman’s dog smells like a Frito, maybe Jack just smells like a cheese puff. Finally, I figured it out. Two words. Neck rolls.
Poor Jack. Now he’s fresh as a daisy. Also. Slathered coconut oil on his head and cradle cap virtually disappeared. woot.
2. For various reasons [including clenching my jaw at night as I fiercely concentrate on sleeping] I found my retainer and put it in for the first time in five years. I literally had to pry it in and then take a pain killer it hurt so bad. But a week later I can pop it in with my tongue and my smile has already changed. Crazy. And so not of general interest. Sorry.
3. After drinking iced americanos for a week, vanilla flavored almond milk finally made it’s way into my home. And oh the iced lattes are just amazing. The vanilla makes them taste like Starbucks caramel macchiatos. And Jack’s a fan.
4. And he slept seven hours on Saturday night. Angels sing.
5. We’re going to Lake Moomaw this weekend. And we’re staying at a cute little bed and breakfast. I can’t wait to hang out with my little family on the shore and watch Wes and Ev swim around. And then go back to my cute little bed and breakfast and sleep in a real bed and not have to cringe every time a child makes a noise.
6. The weather the past two days has made my heart sing.
7. Ev is really the sweetest. Watching her tote her little baby doll around and give it kiss after kiss after kiss kinda melts my heart. I’ve been teaching her ‘i love you’ in sign language and she grins and loves to sign it with me and it’s just adorable.
8. I sit on the couch and snuggle Jack and watch the other two play together and my heart fills and overflows.