this 38th week.

Lots going on around this joint.

Of most note worthy would be the little pook’s decision to walk. I guess she decided that since she had reached the eighteen month landmark, she might as well give it a go. I have only witnessed this adorable little strut twice. On Sunday, I was on the bed folding laundry and she was playing with the dresser. I finally realized that the incessant jabber I was hearing was,’ Mom! Watch me!’. I looked up and she was standing by herself. Once she made sure I was watching, she took about 5 teetering steps and collapsed onto another dresser.

Two days later, I was sitting in a rocker inside and glanced down out the window to where she was playing in the fountain. Except she was on the sidewalk, hands clasped to her belly (does she get that from me?), very very carefully making her way down to see Gladys, about eight steps. When she crawled back to the mud room where I was, I told her I’d seen her walking. She clasped her arms and looked very pleased and smug.

The stars are beginning to align. I now have a new dresser, a new couch, and two new chairs. I’ve found my bed but am having a difficult time connecting with the person who has my bed. My night stands are waiting to be found. And unfortunately, I now have have two dressers in my bedroom, two couches in my living room as well as four chairs, two ottomans and a displaced glider, and dresser of Evelyn’s. So. The stars have a ways to go.

Just as I am nesting inside, Wesley is nesting outside. We’ve always known that there is a potential for us to buy this dear little place in which we reside. It seems like the gears are rolling but we have yet to hear a price from the realtor and neither has the seller. So it might all come to a screeching halt. But we just found out that the place comes with five acres. And a barn. We’ve always wondered who the barn belonged to. So. Within a day or two of hearing this information, Wesley had already found a tractor that he could borrow as well as a bush hog.

I was sunning myself outside yesterday around lunch time when a loud noise came roaring up behind me. I scrambled back into my shirt only to face the driveway and see Wes sitting cheerfully atop a tractor. He passed by me with a large grin and a wave and lumbered on to the back forty where he spent his lunch break mowing down the ten foot walls of brambles and attempting to make a way to the barn.

He’s very excited about the barn and the farmette possibilities. I say, ‘Wes.’ And he say’s ‘oh, maybe not even animals but think of all the fun equipment!’. I say, ‘Wes.’ again.

We’re now approaching eight weeks of pilates. Even I am impressed with my dedication. Last week, I ended my workout three times at 9:15 pm because I’d been gone in the morning. Wes would occasionally watch and tell me that I looked like the lady in the video and looked very graceful. Bless him. This is, of course, exactly what I want to hear.

I am now two weeks further along than the lady in the video and feel extremely pleased with myself and my progress in flexibility. Wes asked if I thought I was any stronger or just more flexible. I thought about it and told him the biggest change was probably in my back. Not that I’d noticed I had a weak back before. But in the first two weeks of pilates (way before I added any weights and was just going through the motions), I seriously had to contemplate how to get out of bed in the morning because my back was so incredibly tight or sore or something. Now I just leap out of bed. ha. That’s a joke. But I do feel a lot like a champ.

My least favorite workout is Core Pilates. I think it just irritates me because I’m like. What core are you talking about? There is no core. There is just a watermelon.

All seems to be good in the baby department. Went in for my check up yesterday and its good Wes was with me, Evelyn was either fearing for her life or mine. My blood pressure was up so they sent me over to hospital to get blood work done. Again, thank goodness Wes was with me. I can just imagine holding Ev as they pump blood out of my arms.

Blood’s great but I have to go back in tomorrow for a blood pressure check. Which is slightly, ‘meh,’ but they like to be ‘over cautious’. So there you go.

Wes, of course, got on the bush hog ten minutes after we arrived home.

And it’s now lunchtime, pooks awake, chattering in her crib and Wes is on the tractor. So I’m off to make Ev her standby egg.

Love to you and yours.

DSC_0010 DSC_0008 DSC_0009 DSC_0033 DSC_0019Gosh. Can hardly handle the adorableness.




About A Story of Us

My grandparents 57th wedding anniversary and my first wedding anniversary motivated to journal the adventures life brought our way . I hope to amuse the friends and family I have all over the country and, when I am my grandmothers age, look back at what I have written and chuckle. It's been four years since I began and the snickers I bring myself as I look back propel me to write on. Cheers to the future and happy memories of the past.
This entry was posted in baby, for ev., Life as it Happens. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to this 38th week.

  1. Phyllis cotten says:

    How very dear and sweet those pics are of Evie, been thinking about you lts and so thankful how all is going so well. Hope to see you all soon!!

  2. LM says:

    She is so very adorable! Good luck on the upcoming labor and delivery!!

  3. Auntie Stace says:

    Love the pics of Ev! She looks like Wes to me, with different coloring.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s