We woke up early on May 28th, and Evelyn and I went to work with Wes. I didn’t want to be hanging around with the septic people, the buyers and the realtors all sitting on my patio.
Ev and I fell back to sleep at Wesley’s parents and I really hoped I would wake up to a green light.
Unfortunately, it was a text from our realtor stating, ‘We have a problem.’
So while the septic did not blow up, the distribution box was disintegrating. We took a deep breath, said this isn’t the end of the world, this is why we didn’t pack up the house and lets fix it.
It just felt like the end of the world two days later, after Wesley had done a superb job on the box and the health inspector came out and didn’t pass it because it was the wrong size box. I was just sick.
I should mention that the buyers still wanted our house and we were trying to make everything go as fast as possible to get out of this limbo. I kept telling myself to rejoice that we had a problem that we could fix!
Wes knocked out the second box, health inspector came out and pointed a few things out to me that still needed some attention. I just loved being the go to person for him.
Lots of concrete later, and we were approved on June 4th, a week after the original closing day. The new closing day was set for June 10th.
Next up, house in the hills.
Oh, while you’re waiting I’ll share this gem with you. I made this card for mom when I was thirteen.
It was her birthday card/way to go mom for moving from the Bay Area to the Central Coast. Inside was lots of great encouragement from me on what a great job she did as the rest of us weren’t much help. You can see that she developed muscles from lifting garage stuff, study books, and storage old clothes while a box of pillows did me in.
This made me chuckle on moving day. It’s also interesting to note that my artistic abilities haven’t changed much since those days.